Re: statistical utilization

Jim wrote:
>if i want to know at which days we have a higher probability of a
>trend day, how should i do that?
>
>ok i can plot an indicator which will show me a daily range, but i
>don't want to go and compare every day manual <g>

Another Jim replied:
>Pick a moving average. If you are above it you are trending
>positive. If you are below it you are trending negative. You can
>get fancier.

I'm not sure that's what he wants (you: the first Jim, can you be
clearer?).  I can think of some possibilities:

1.  He mentioned statistics and probability, so I think he needs
more than just a binary positive/negative assessment.

2.  It's not clear, but he may be concerned about individual days
that have trends in them or have a high probability of a large move,
rather than days that are part of a larger trend.

3.  He mentions "which day" as if it were a day of the week or
something.  There may be some validity to measuring if, say, the 3rd
Wednesday of the month has a greater tendency to trend than the last
Thursday of the month.

--
 //  \     Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com
 // __)    HTML FORMATTED MAIL SENT HERE WILL BE REJECTED AS SPAM.