simulation of trades w/TS Securites

There are a number of execution platforms much superior to TradeStation's (TradeMaven, TradeBolt, X_Trader, etc). They all allow realistic simulation, so that you can simulate an automatic strategy and get an idea of the kinds of fills (on limit orders, etc.) to expect in actual trading. However, in all cases if your signals are generated in TS you have to go through an API. I'm considering using TS Securities brokerage/clearing, which of course accepts signals directly from TS, but I don't see any way to simulate there (b/c the fills in TS backtesting are not realistic at all, TS backtesting is no help). Does anyone know how a realistic simulation of trading with TS Securities can be done?