Re: Off subject - cell phones

Thanks Gerald, Alex, Ron.  I'm glad to hear our cells are safe.
But my offer stands...I'll pay $50 cash for the head of any telemarketer.

At 09:36 AM 3/2/2006 -0500, Ron Augustine wrote:
For whoever is interested, this issue is a Hoax!

Here's some accurate information:

The Truth About Cell Phones and the National Do Not Call Registry

If you've received an e-mail telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database, rest assured that this is not the case.

Telemarketing to cell phone numbers has always been illegal in most cases and will continue to be so. In response to recent e-mail campaigns urging consumers to place their cell phone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry, the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission issue this advisory to give consumers the facts.

http://www.govtech.net/magazine/channel_story.php?channel=8&id=93706

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/business/a/cell_directory.htm

_____________________________________

Thanks G.
I forgot about the cell.
One can also register or verify at www.donotcall.gov

Lee

At 06:11 AM 3/2/2006 -0600, Gerald Marisch wrote:

JUST A REMINDER...

14 days from today, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing
companies.  You will start to receive sale calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR
THESE CALLS! These telemarketers will eat up your free minutes and end up
costing you money in the long run.

To prevent this, call 1-888-382-1222 from your cell phone. It is the
National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take 15 seconds of your time. It
blocks your number for five (5) years.

PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.