From: Phil Bailey <baileyp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: mike ball <thinkpad600e@xxxxxxxxx>; Chris Cheatham <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 5:48:33 PM
Subject: RE: CME Tick Aggregation

Mike,

I agree with you on reducing or filtering ticks to eliminate seemingly
Bottlenecks from lack of server support (in theory).

IB does this and they are about 1/6 of tics which may become the standard
(so IB will become 1/36?).
I actually like IB tic chart characteristics due to being smoother.
But the infrequent spike occurance will be offset by constant
innefficiencies of data representations.

CME enjoyed this spike innefficiency and if they were doing well from it,
There would be no change (I bet their switch boards light up though). They
are doing this
Change for a profit motive all for a seemingly justification of customer
satisfaction (shadowy terrorists? see the connection, ha-ha).

My logic is if they are doing all the business, then why don't they buy dirt
cheap servers to
Match the demand since their fixed commission rates have quadruppled from
volume?
Because they make more profit being innefficient. In effect, they are saying
since
We are doing so much business, we will reduce your market visibility, we
will save money, filter your data,
And then make you think we are doing you a favor. Oh boy, another broker
excuse.

Every bucket shop in between your connection and theirs have
Floor traders holidays where they fuzz/block the data and make big profits.
But the technology
Is here to do otherwise, and its not 1975 so there really is no need for the
disruption you
Assume is 'natural law' during spikes. I assume most of that is artificial
as well as
it will not disappear irreguardless of what they do or how much money they
save by reducing visibility/service.
(i.e. Esignals 45 minute data random walk FOMC day and then switch to their
affiliate random walking for 45 minutes:
They don't even BOTHER to make it look random or realistic).

Nothing we can do either way, but I'm not going to smile while they pat me
on the head like a dog.
Again, I'd whole heartedly agree if I thought they were reducing transaction
steps, but until I see otherwise,
I will assume they are manipulating data and ADDING transactions for the
profit motive.
And your grammer example is weak.

Hope I'm wrong.

Phil