Re: CME Tick Aggregation

>>Tic charts may have just become obsolete.<<   WTF???????????

Phil, when has it ever mattered the actual quantity of Tick Bars that one receives during the trading session?

So long as the price conveyed within a set metric, 5-tick,20-tick,100-tick and so on is being counted within that operational definition, then it's business as usual.

I'd wish before the hysteria sets in that more of us would understand the current way the data is being piped from the CME's transaction servers through to the various data vendors who then in turn sift that data as well...

Faster price matching and less bandwidth being chewed up on "excess" and perhaps non-essential breakdown of incremental trade data to me is a good thing.
As an intraday trader that has traded electronically for years now, both at home and in the
Prop office, it is frustrating as hell that even with direct lines to the exchange at the trading
office, when massive volatility hits and the CME’s servers become inundated with trade
volume, having to spit out inefficient trade data on top of providing me with latent data
in the form of “hiccups” is something that I can do completely without.
Hopefully, this will be a step in the right direction in terms of cutting some “fat” out of the
equation.

Think of it as using a contraction as opposed to labeling sentence structure with the entire subject/verb spelled out.

At any rate, the tick data we've all been using for years has never been more than a parallax view of the true market trades.

Mike Ball