Re: Update to Off-Topic -- Firewall Software

You might want to cruise the Zone Labs forum. There is some grumbling
that Security Suite 6.0 may not be quite ready for primetime.

I used the free ZoneAlarm firewall on Windows 95 and NT with a dialup
modem and was happy with it. I never tried it on Windows XP because of
the problems reported with the combo at the time. They may have fixed
them by now or they may not. I switched to a hardware firewall at the
same time I went to XP and a cable modem so I haven't bothered with
ZoneAlarm since. I've heard that the built-in XP firewall uses
stripped-down ZoneAlarm code but I don't know that it's true. I figure
it gives me enough protection for the rare times when the cable is down
and I have to use dialup for an hour or two, bypassing my hardware
firewall.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

--
  Dennis