Re: TRIN / TICK

Gerald Marisch wrote:

> Better late than never to write "thank you" for your reply.
>
> I day trade the "big" and E Mini S&P.  My setup currently uses the MACD with
> tick bars.  I understand the TRIN may make a nice "double check" Indicator
> to trading.
>
> Do you have a TRIN Function for use in TS 2Ki that you can email me?

Sorry Gerald - I too though that the TRIN for a stock would be rather
helpful when trading that stock - got side tracked into Forex several
years ago and haven't gotten back to stocks yet.  So I've never tried to
write one for a stock however, depending on the numbers that you get
from TS I don't see why one could not be written - it just needs to
follow the TRIN math.  But from the no response from anyone else I would
guess that no one else has done it yet.  Or could be that others have
tried and been unable to make it work.

> And I have to ask........  In reading the posts to the TS Chat Room, your's
> seem to be a little bit above the usual "I want to make a million $...."
> What is it that you "do" - or have done ?

Well, that is a very long story.  Been trading stocks since 1968 and
doing other things.  With my partner we developed an idea of his into a
tradable Forex system - just took the better part of five years to do.
Making money, well yes - millions? - not yet - maybe not ever - but
trading is still the most fun I've ever had with my pants on.

Larry