Re: TS2k charting delay

If you run your quotemonitor in the same workspace as the one tick
chart do you see it updating when the chart is not?

Are you running the Tracking Center?  If so delete it.

What are you running besides the GS and a tick chart?

I've run one tick charts of ES and NQ with indicators and many other
charts open.  No problem with Esignal.  If you push the computer too
hard say with DTN satellite and thousands of symbols it will lag.  Too
many indicators can cause a problem.  All of a sudden priority goes
back to charting and zoom it catches the chart up.  So it is what you
are doing not Ts2ki.

First off I would trash that trash data feed and Dynastore.  Spend the
money to get a good feed directly into ts2ki or change over to TS8.
If you don't want to get rid of the crap then cut back on indicators
etc.  Also make sure you computer isn't running a bunch of junk
including windows junk.

Jimmy

The configuration is highspeed DSL IB TWS/Dynastore/GS/TS200i on a P4 w/HT
3gig cpu 1 gig memory.  Here's the problem.  Data appears on a one tick ES
chart in TS charting in a "bursting" mode.  Today I made some visual
comparisons between TS charting and a chart made with an IB add on called
ZoneTrader from w.tradewithconfidence.com.  The ZoneTrader tick charts run
in a Java application off the IB API and appear to be insync with the quotes
in IB TWS and the IB chart. The TS chart runs in an obvious burst mode where
prices are not changing, then the plot suddenly plays catchup.  There is no
mistaking this delayed effect.  On another machine with dual 866 PIII's and
a second DSL line with esignal and TS2k a one tick ES chart was also opened.
It too played the stall and catchup.  I've suspected for years there was
something amiss.  Because of the difference in hardware configurations, and
by elimination, it appears the source of the problem is the way TS charting
gets data from the GS, or that TS charting can't handle fast data.

I really don't want to give up years of work with ela and els so I am
wondering if anyone who has seen this effect in TS2k and switched to TS8
finds that it solves that delay/bursting problem.  Also does anyone have
comments about how Multicharts handles data with a high volume emini like
the ES? http://www.tssupport.com/products/multicharts/ .  Am trying to get a
demo on that but no response yet.

thanks for the feedback(either to the list or direct,
Bob RA