RE: Money management/leveraging - varying position size to control risk/enhance profit

>Once you have a positive expectancy trading method, money management is
what magnifies
>your profits.
Yes, I had similar thoughts - that Money Management is akin to compounding
in that it is a re-investment of return.  Just much more complicated.

>Fixed ratio, IMO a stupid idea marketed by Ryan Jones. It fails to account
for
>capitalization, it fails to account for trade risk or market volatility, it
fails to
>manage risk and drawdown, it fails to preserve capital.
Thanks for the heads up.  Haven't looked at Fixed ratio in detail yet.  It
feels intuitive that a MM strategy should reduce risk as the capital
approaches zero - even if it's a Martingale style strategy that increases
risk with consecutive losses - or else it's almost guaranteed to bottom out.

Thanks for the ref to Prosizer - am taking a look.

Thanks for your other insights.  Hopefully some other list-dwellers will
post further thoughts in reply.