Re: Discrepancy between ts4 and ts8 results

At 11:07 PM 10/1/2005, Jan Philipp wrote:

>Sometimes, I see differences in strategy signals betw my desktop and notebook
>running the same TS builds, codes, days of data, etc. Very frustating.

All of the differences I have ever seen between machines have been due to differences in the data.

In TS8.1, you can reload the data (Control R) and this will reload the data on the chart from the server. This fixes most problems but this does not reload all the data for that symbol.

To do that you need to find the data for that symbol in the Cache folder and delete it. That will force TS8.1 to actually reload ALL the data for that symbol. This has always resolved any differences between machines for me.

As for differences between TS4 and TS8.1, data has to be a major source of the difference unless you are actually exporting the data from TS8.1 and using it in TS4.

There are also possible differences in arithmetic precision. TS4 uses 16 bit arithmetic and TS8.1 uses 32 bit (or higher) precision. And many of the supplied functions have been rewritten in TS8.1 to take advantage of all the new features so this could lead to differences.

Bob Fulks