2000i SP5 Help file package install

I got the error message "There is not enough space
on drive C: to extract, please free up 34.9 Meg and retry"

even though there was 56 Gigabytes of free space.  This
is a brand new laptop running Windows XP Pro.  I had
previously emptied WINDOWS\TEMP and also
Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp
and I had run Disk Cleanup and rebooted.  Still got
the message "There is not enough space on drive C:\
to extract".

I didn't find anything about it when searching the omega
archive at purebytes.com, and Google only found some
Crack sites.

Does this message indicate that TS thinks you are
trying to install an illegal copy?  Is this an attempt
to thwart piracy?  Geez....

(The solution was to copy the SP5 Help file package
to the C:\ folder and launch it from there.  Why this
worked, is a bit of a mystery.)