Re: Slightly Off-Topic- Operating System Question

alchemyllc@xxxxxxx on 07/09/05 04:11, wrote:
Hello All,
      I have a pc that I have had for years, that has W95 as its
operating system. I use it to run TS4 only. Within the past two days, I
have been unable to get a full boot into Windows. I assume this being
caused by some corrupted Windows file. Anyone have any ideas? My real
question is this. I bought another pc, with a slightly faster chipset
and as much Ram (512mb) with W98 as its operating system. (I chose not
to upgrade to W2k or XP owing to emulators and other software which
would only run on W95, plus everything worked well) When I installed and
ran TS4 on the W98 machine it ran slow and choked. I was very surprised
that the W98 machine couldn't handle TS4, while the W95 machine could.
Anyone have any ideas why this would be the case? What is considered the
best most stable operating system to run TS4? Thanks

I use NT4 for my TS4 platform and it's stable enough. It's crashed about 5 times in the last year. I don't really have anything to compare it too except Linux (which has never crashed).

Adam