Re: wont plot

Someone mentioned they couldn't get a symbol to plot the other day.
Well I was messing with someone elses data they sent me and when I
converted it to an XPO file I had forgotten to correct the exchange
it traded on.  In the Global Server you should then edit the symbol
and open the settings tab.  You want to be sure the exchange is
correct then when it is double check the settings as they have changed
on some things since this data base was released.

In this case the price scale was wrong and had to be changed to 1/1000
and the Min. Movement needed to be 100.000000.  Read the help if you
don't know what this stuff means.

Also sometimes when charting shows no data for selected date you need
to just start over.  Open a new workspace and INSERT a chart this
allows you to let TS2ki find the symbol for you then be sure if you
data doesn't go up to the last trading day you list the last trading
day in the GS and also the days back are long enough.  Long enough
like not one day for daily when you have 10,000 days.  If you have
10,000 days you can ask for 20,000 to be safe as it will only find the
10,000.  Several things can mess up a chart but just starting over and
making sure all the info is correct and charting actually goes and
finds the symbol helps a lot.  Thats all I remember right now.

Jimmy