From: cwest <cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:00:57 -0600
Subject: RE: shorting mutual funds

Thanks for the responses. The choices mentioned can't do the job I had in
mind, which I'll briefly explain. Given that one accepts a stance that a
given Fund will underperform-forgetting about how one arrived at that
opinion-looking at their historical charts or rather looking at ratio'd
spreads of their price and relevant indices, positioning for an expected
divergence ought to have been profitable. So the challenge is to devise a
way to go short particular Fund(s).

I've never bought a Fund-they've never seemed attractive to me-so I don't
know too much about them. Is there a way to obtain a list of their holdings
each night or frequently?

Colin West