Re: ODBC error

I know there is a simpler way but I forget it now.  You must be using
Windows 2000 or office or both.  Below is how you fix the problem by
reinstalling but I think you can register Tradestation in the Control
Panel using the ODBC icon.  Don't remember.

Jimmy

DocumentID: 376
Last Updated on: 3/5/2001

I am receiving an ODBC error while installing.

Make sure that you are using the latest version of your software by visiting the Product Updates section of the TradeStation Technologies website. A Service Pack Update has addressed this situation.

    If you use Microsoft Office 2000 Beta, you may experience an ODBC error when you install your 2000i product.

    To resolve this problem, you will need to rename one file as well as delete files from a temporary directory. Temporary directories usually contain files that can be removed without any problems. If you have saved files to a temporary directory that you want to use in the future, copy those files to a different location before beginning this procedure.

        Part 1 - Renaming odbcjt32.dll

        1. Close all open applications.
        2. Use the Start | Find | Files or Folders menu sequence.
        3. Click the Name & Location tab.
        4. In the Named box, type "odbcjt32.dll" (without the quotes).
        5. Click Find Now.
        6. Once the search is complete, locate odbcjt32.dll and click to select the file.
        7. Use the File | Rename menu sequence.
        8. Rename the file "obbcjt32.old" (without the quotes) and press ENTER.

        Note: If a warning dialog box appears regarding changing filename extensions, click Yes.

        9. Use the File | Close menu sequence.

        Part 2 - Removing temporary files

        The Windows Temp directory usually contains only temporary files. If you have other files stored in this directory, please move them before proceeding.

        1. Use the Start | Programs | Windows Explorer menu sequence.
        2. Open the C:\Windows\Temp directory (where C:\ is the drive where your Windows operating system is installed). All files and folders located under the C:\Windows\Temp directory should appear on the Windows Explorer's right side.
        3. Use the Edit | Select All menu sequence to highlight all files and folders stored in the C:\Windows\Temp directory.
        4. Use the File | Delete menu sequence.
        5. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
        6. Use the File | Close menu sequence.
        7. Reinstall your 2000i product.

    You should be able to install without receiving any ODBC errors.

Hi All,
       I've been trying to switch data suppliers to forexite but when I
try to boot GS I get this error message:

ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed
Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing
or opened exclusively by another user.

Clicking on OK produces a login dialog saying Data Source is
OmegaUniverse32 and asking for Login (this is set to omegauser) and
password (this is asterisks). Clicking OK brings up the previous error.
Clicking cancel brings up the same dialog asking for a login and password.

I don't think this is a forexite problem (although I could be wrong) as
even when forexite *isn't* running, I get the same message.

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Ian