Re: Transferring Indicators

Hello D.,
1. The recommended way is to transfer the indicators out of the original SC4 to an ela
file, then import the ela into the new SC4.
2. You can also install SC on the new computer and rename the folder
named SC to SC-orig, and copy the whole SC folder from the old machine
to the new machine, the SC folder like the TS folder in TS4  contain
all your saved work, templates and icons etc.
3. When Tradestation is installed it loads it's, aprox 112 built in
indicators and systems as .tok and .asc files, two files per
indicator, they are loaded in alphabetical order and numbered in that
order.
Each subsequent indicator added by you gets assigned the next
available number, so the numbering system used becomes, the order the
files were installed.
If you had never written any indicators or systems and just installed
the Bill Williams indicators it would be easy enough to work out which
ones they are by the numbers on the .tok and .asc files, if you were
trying to copy those files to another machine you may have to
re-number the files to keep in sink with the files present.

best regards
foolsgold