RE: OT: Ergonomics, or what to do with those TS manuals...

This is one of my engineering disciplines: anything to do with human
efficiency physical, mental, and material handling interfaces. Here's a
descent guideline, top pdf line.

Ergonomic Principles and Checklists for the Selection of Office ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=related:www.nohsc.gov.au/PDF/Standa
rds/ErgonomicPrinciplesOfficeFurniture.pdf

Pretty simple. Try to stay linear with limbs, like figures in above, and
hold head tilted slightly up with bow in neck (or you'll have to see
chiropractor eventually). Adjustable (nice highback) ergo seat at Sam's Club
for $50. Flat screens for eye fatigue. Arena setup around you to minimize
eye travel and head twisting (4x2x6' wire racks on wheels as Sam Club about
$70 each). And have plenty of air movement around you (wire racks help).
Your done. Any crutch other than foam elbow or mouse pads, will weaken
muscles/tendons while not fixing workstation for posture - will in effect
make you handicapped: good for temporary only until get environment fixed to
you and hopefully adjustable (chair at a minimum). Remember, try and look
like the persons in the figures for best posture, and pull your shoulders
back (good for spinal alignment). Repetetive motions which move heavy body
parts is bad, real bad (head, trunk, legs, arms, twist body, ...) and
uncomfortable repetitive motions is almost as bad - repetitive trauma
disorders or carpal tunnel.

Use books to elevate screens, etc.. for final touches. Its allot of work to
get everything right, but its hell if you don't.

:-)