alert problem

I have written a trading system using alerts. I am having problems with the system working with anything but the symbol YM. This was the first symbol I tried. It's a rather long coded system and I started
it using plots, but I have since replaced the plots with (value) to save system resources. all I want is the alert. I have tried several other e mini symbols and have tried all symbols with other indicators, and the alerts work fine with them. It acts like the system is locked in with the symbol YM.
I have uninstalled 2000i to see if that would reset it but it doesn't. Maybe one of you guys have
experienced something like this. It seems like a system resource problem. I would appreciate any
input, thanks! John.