From: marc miller [mailto:marcmiller@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 5:01 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Off topic motherboards

Not sure if it was me, but I got dual (intel)  xeon 3.2g -533fsb -1m
my motherboard is an intel se7501 wv2
4g ram kvr266x72rc25/1024 ddr1
dual 200 g sata hd's
the guy that built it at the time (april 04) claimed it was the best that
you could get.(for a dual) Of course that was 10 months ago.
I am delighted with its performance,
I can run a bunch of different programs at once.
However- I still have to shut down ts2ki ver0771 at least once every day or
2-
doing so
helps (just- helps) that problem of 'freezing' where data just stops-
(hence the need for monitoring and alerting when data stops being collected
...referenced in previous posts)
But I am very, very happy.  This system replaced my last one from '99-
A 550mhz amdk7 on an aseus (sp?) board with 768mb ram.
It started crashing sometimes 3+ x's/day.
I collect <200symbols.
Now I can have one layout open with 40 charts and be ok- save the daily
closing/opening of the program.
I tried to open another layout with around 15 charts and it froze it with
that stupid
blahblah something critical error shutdown ts or gs "can't reference memory
at:??##$$@F@@> You know the one...

Best,
Marc Miller