dual processor xeon vs pentium for ts2000i

I'm currently running a P4 3.4Ghz machine where the CPU is shooting to
70-100% capacity in short spurts due to the heavy loads of running ts2000i
*and* an excel spreadsheet using DDE realtime on 2000 symbols. It's
constantly calculating the values of 20000 cells! I can't separate them
because excel is feeding ts.

Anyway, my question is for you guys who have experience with dual processor
systems such as the xeon/opteron.

Do you think it would reduce CPU loads if I were to go with such a machine?

Or would it be a marginal improvement in performance?

Thanks and Merry Christmas, everyone!