Re: OT: invisible checkmarks in checkboxes

Alex,

Hard to know what might have changed this.  I would try a couple of
things before doing an install.  However you can try this kind of
install if it shows up as an option.  Many times it doesn't show up
and even if it does it is scary and may not work.  Plus you then have
to go back and install all the Service Packs to get back to SP?

Try some easy stuff like do change the background or foreground color
just to see if you can jog the Registry to change then change back
correctly, cause it probably is a registry entry.  You have rebooted
haven't you?

Also you might change from Classic XP view to the new one or vise
versa and back again.  Also in Control panel Display try messing with
the Appearance settings in color scheme.  Change to a different one
then back to Windows Standard or whatever you are using.  There is
advanced settings too you might try.  Who knows.

That is a real little mess something has gotten you into.  My favorite
is to set the monitor to the wrong kind and you wind up with a black
screen.  I just love that one.

Jimmy

--
Best regards,