Von: Leslie_George [mailto:Leslie.George@xxxxxxxxxxx] Gesendet: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:45 AM
An: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Trading using tick charts...was AW: mini data on TS8

I don't understand what you are saying. Trading using ticks doesn't mean using 1 tick charts but rather 50, 100, 200 tick charts. To me it's much more meaningful than say 1, 5 or 10 min charts. On tick charts there is nothing 'hidden', all the trades and dynamics are much more obvious. And you are trading less with time as a factor, instead the price action is what's paramount. I have been using tick charts for many years very successfully.

Does Wealth-Lab support tick charts???????????????????

"VK" <volker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I will never understand why anyone is trying to trade based on ticks. In
fact I doubt that anyone will ever be able to produce a successful system
over a long time based on ticks. I have been a member on this forum for
quite some time and I am still amazed to see how many people believe they
can trade in the tick time frame. Over and over again we get the topic that
the data is bad or gets corrected at the end of the day and signals change.A
tick system must be extremely robust and should be tested on all kind of
different data sources to make sure that it is robust on all possible forms
it can arrive at your local computer (too many/little ticks, delayed, ...).
There is enough opportunity on longer time frames

Regards,

Volker Knapp
(www.wealth-lab.com)