risk metrics program and report

Hello List:

I am starting the process of creating a risk metrics program. Intention:
to take trade files and produce a report that will contain various risk metrics.

I am interested in having it written in Java so that the risk metrics program is OS independent.

I will have my programmer hire an independent programmer do create the program. We'll have full source code -- and full control, so we can add what we want.

If someone has already created something like what I am describing, or is interested in this project; would love to hear from you. Perhaps we can help each other.
I am planning on instituting about a dozen risk and return metrics, including the usual industry risk metrics, along with graphs. Also, I am intending to link the individual reports to a report that will show a side by side comparison of systems.