OT Cheap software

For several months now the spam section of my inbox has got messages
offering MS Windows XP Pro @ $50 and other bargain software. Amazingly I
have never seen any discussion of this stuff on any of the forums that I
belong to. Perhaps they are only targeting us in the third world but I doubt
it.

They claim that the software is legitimate "OEM" although it doesn't qualify
for manufacturer support. It apparently comes from somewhere in Eastern
Europe. I'm sure it doesn't get uncle Bill's stamp of approval. That doesn't
bother me, but I do need to know that it is not an outright pirate copy and
that the software manufacturer gets at least some of my purchase price. I
also need to be sure that they will actually send it to me.

Has anyone on the list tried this stuff?

The link on the latest one was
http://notkilledoem.info/gate.php?sid=HwdHJCz&pj=21