Re: Sources of High Quality and Timely Fundamental Data for Stocks?

I received quite a several personal messages after initial posting about DailyGraphs. I come to learn that DailyGraphs does has more timely data than most of sources. And it's worth the cost for serious investing and trading: It help you find and research the newer or not-so-familiar stocks with great
fundamentals (for example, TOPT, VSEC).

Harrison

hcarvas wrote:

Hello Fellow Stocks Traders/Investors:

For finding and researching growth stocks, particularly of those newer companies, what do you think the best source of high quality and timely fundamental data is?

In order to find big winning stocks, it is a well known concept that you need both technical and fundamental. Furthermore, most of the big winners are newer companies.

Many of us use free data sources such as Yahoo Finance, MSN Money Investing. However, I have seen some newer companies reporting earning data three or six months ago, and yet, these data are not updated in their database. The data are not structured for you to see the year-over-year quarterly EPS growth without further calculation. I've tried out Zacks, and again seen the issue of lacking updated data for these newer companies. I've also tried the Zacks fundamental screening tool and found it extremely mouse click intensive—not lending itself semiautomatic future search using a macro script.

Another source is DailyGraphs online. It may track the newer growth stocks more timely. I have not tried it. For those of you who use DailyGraphs online regularly to find great stocks, can you share your experience (through omega list or private email). Maybe it's worth paying $1000/year for Daily Graphs Online, Daily Graphs Custom Screen Wizard.

What about other sources? Thank you for sharing your insight.

Harrison