direct execution, API, Tradestation

Abhijit:

I currently use IB too. I contacted TS to see if they have an API from which I could connect; in IB I use a Java program and I run it on Linux. The answer I got from TS is that execution can only be done via TS software. Have you tried others besides IB which offer direct execution and API capability? I am looking for an alternative (at least a back-up) and if someone can recommend a firm, that'd be useful.

"I used to use TS7 brokerage and now use IB, with a 3rd party API connection to IB. I have had way too many 2-3 tick slippage on russell with TS model of converting stops to market. With IB, I get at most 1 tick slippage. End of the month, those ticks add up really quick. "