Re: The real MACD

Ian,

Open the MACD in the Power Editor and right click in the body of the
window and choose Propertied then Chart Style then set the MADiff to
Histogram.  The other two are set line.  Code of original in TS2ki
is below.

{*******************************************************************
Description     : This Indicator plots MACD
Provided By     : Omega Research, Inc. (c) Copyright 1999
********************************************************************}

Inputs: FastMA(12), SlowMA(26), MacdMA(9);

Plot1(MACD(Close, FastMA, SlowMA), "MACD");
Plot2(XAverage(MACD(Close, FastMA, SlowMA), MacdMA), "MACDAvg");
Plot3(Plot1 - Plot2, "MADiff");

{Alert Criteria}
If Plot3 Crosses Over 0 Then
        Alert("MACD has generated a bullish alert")
Else
        If Plot3 crosses under 0 Then
                Alert("MACD has generated a bearish alert");

{MACD Expert Commentary}
#BeginCmtry
        Commentary(ExpertMACD(Plot1));
#End;