RE: cable

> The only thing I see I don't like is that their is no encryption
> unless you install OpenSSH which for windows needs to run with
> Cgywin. This looks like its kind of messy.

True.  But running it on a local LAN, behind a router, nobody
outside the LAN should be able to see the packets anyway.  My two
PC's are on their own switch on our LAN.  I'm not sure, but I
think a LAN switch is even smart enough to not forward packets to
the rest of the LAN, so even my wife upstairs couldn't sniff
them.  :-)

If your packets were going on an untrusted LAN, or worse yet onto
the internet (which wouldn't make much sense since you can only
control PC's whose monitor is right in front of you), then that
would definitely be a security issue.  But for connecting two
PC's on a local trusted LAN, I don't think there's any concern.

Gary