Re: OT - off topic - hard drive swap

Cameron,

>What would happen if i had a harddrive called c: with everything on it , and
>then i put it straight into another box with a different motherboard and
>cpu?

This essentially happened to me when my motherboard burned up one day.
I installed a new motherboard, and Windows refused to boot, insinuating
that it was a bootleg copy installed on another machine.

In other words Windows will give you problems.  Microsoft supposedly
has a way to recover if you're a legitimate customer, but I found it
easier to re-install Windows.

Fortunately I partition my hard drive (which I highly recommend, and
which you will probably figure out would have been a good idea),
and I *never* keep any of my own work, projects, or data on the
C: partition.  All that's on the C partition are the OS and my
applications, which I can easily re-install if I reformat the C
partition.

>Just wanted to know , would it run or would it run bad , or wouldnt it run
>at all?

Wouldn't run at all.

--
 //  \