From: Trey Johnson [mailto:dickjohnson3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:56 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Correlation

Gabriel,
	Thanks for the reply. Price wasn't the issue, just the dollar
value of the historical trades. Pardon my ignorance, but could you
elaborate on, 'just calculate correlation based upon your returns'? Do
you mean something like taking the dollar value of each trade and
dividing it by the margin for that market, thereby converting to a
percentage return on margin? This seems to address the issue of
comparing trade results from different markets because a $500 dollar
trade per contract in natural gas isn't the same as $500 dollar trade
per contract in treasury bonds. However, this doesn't address the issue
of different sample sizes. The reason I'm worried about this is because
anytime I've seen correlations done the sample sizes are of equal value.
Thanks, Trey