Re: Hyperserver lite problem

Look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vendor Data Feeds\InteractiveBrokers

There is a file called IB ExchangesCross.txt. Make a backup copy. Then open it up. You would see lines like
NYSE=NYSE
NASDAQ=SMART
etc.

what this means is that GS exchange of NYSE is mapped to NYSE in TWS, GS symbol of NASDAQ is mapped to SMART in TWS. Specifically note the following line which you surely have
AMEX = SMART

This makes stuff like QQQ work great, in case you have set it up as exchange = AMEX in GS. But BTK in GS, with AMEX exchange is getting translated by HSL as BTK in SMART, which TWS doesn't like. Hence that Loading.... line.

Hope we are clear till now. If yes, here's the fix

In the file IB ExchangesCross.txt, change
AMEX=SMART
to AMEX=AMEX

In GS, change all the AMEX stocks to exchange NASDAQ. Only the AMEX stocks, not the AMEX indicies!!

Save the file, and restart GS, TS, HSL, TWS... everything.

Problem solved - hopefully.

Thanks,

Abhijit

G H wrote:

I use Hyperserver lite, 2000i, and Interactive Brokers.
I can get all futures, stocks, indexes to work except

BTK, DRG, XOI, XBD, XTC, XAL, HHI
are all AMEX index symbols

Can anyone else duplicate this problem? The symbols are available in Interactive Brokers but not hyperserver lite. It just says "loading" in Hyperserver. I am using DBC subserver emulation.