Re: CLOSE:8:4

Cameron,

Check the help file.  It has been too long but as I remember it is the
formatting for the close numbers.

Print (Reserved Word)

Sends information to the Debug window in the EasyLanguage PowerEditor or, if specified, to an output location (a file or the default printer).

Print (Parameters) ;

Parameters is any number of valid string, numeric series, or numeric expression, each separated by a comma. To send output to a printer or file instead of the Debug Window, you must also specify output location.
Remarks

·       If no output location is specified, the information is sent to the Debug window in the EasyLanguage PowerEditor.

·       To send information to a specified file instead of the Debug window, specify the file and path as the first parameter. Enclose the file name and path in quotation marks. To send the information to the default printer, include the word Printer as the first parameter.

You can format the numeric expressions displayed using the Print reserved word. To do so, use the following syntax:

Print( Value1:N:M );

Value 1 is any numeric expression, N is the minimum number of integers to use, and M is the number of decimals to use. If the numeric expression being sent to the Debug window has more integers than what is specified by N, the Print statement uses as many digits as necessary, and the decimal values are rounded to the nearest value. For example, assume Value1 is equal to 3.14159 and we have written the following statement:

Print(Value1:0:4);

The numeric expression displayed in the Debug window would be 3.1416. As another example, to format the closing prices, you can use the following statement:

Print(ELDateToString(Date), Time, Close:0:4);

Examples

The following statement sends the date, time, and closing price of the current bar to the Debug window:

Print(Date, Time, Close);

The following statement sends the same information to an ASCII file called Mydata.txt:

Print(File("c:\data\mydata.txt"),Date, Time, Close);

The following statement sends the information to the default printer instead:

Print(Printer, Date, Time, Close);

{** © 1987, 1999 Omega Research, Inc. **}

Jimmy

c> print(CLOSE:8:4)

c> I found this lime in a print statement
c> Can someone tell me what the :8:4 does

c> Cameron

c> ---

--
Best regards,