Anyone know of good deals on 19" flat-screen monitors?

Thanks in advance for any referrals.

GM

1. buy at newegg.com
2. buy samsung. Make sure they have DVI inputs (assuming your video cards got DVI output).
3. look at 17 inch. Same max resolution as 19 inch flat panels (1024 x 1280). If you need more screen, buy 20 inch.

Abhijit

Let me reiterate this, from experience. Buy nothing but Samsung. I have bought 4 19 inches, 2 SyncMaster 191T and 2 SyncMaster 191T+. After one year of usage, not a single dead pixel on any of the monitor. Shop for prices all you want, but do buy Samsung.

And yes, look for screens without gizmos like speakers & such. For trading, you want those things to be as slim a bezel as possible. These Samsungs fit the bill perfectly. Also consider the fact that most Dell flat panels are rebadged Samsung (as far as I have heard - but not sure).

Abhijit

PS : And because I own 19 inches, I can tell from experience you would be just fine with 17 inches. 19 inches makes stuff a little bigger, no doubt, but gives you no extra screen real estate.