Re: just as it is

robert pisani wrote:

Look at http://www.justasitis.com -- any comments?

Nothing that I didn't already know. But I wish more of the TV talking heads would realize that it is as it is, not as they want to see it. But that makes for uninteresting TV. But we knew that as well.

The calculation part.. how he calculates that folks in US with "exportable/automatable" jobs would end up with $5000 per annum income is way beyond simplistic. It's preposterous.

The author ignores any frictional costs of outsourcing. I would argue a $1000 per month worker is "cheaper" than say a $750 per month worker in India.. maybe even less. But that is besides the point, IMHO. In the spirit of "Just as it is", the phrase, not the website - given the freedom & infrastructure to do so, human ingenuity always do things that is not possible to foresee beforehand. The social structure in India/China & US just isn't the same. Officials in US might be corrupt somewhat, but clearly way less than what it is in India. The literacy rate, the way "opportunity" is available, education, rule of law... the list goes on.

Given the situation, if you are profitable, trading is a profession that so far I haven't heard anyone talking about getting outsourced.. LOL.... Trading support maybe, but not trading itself.

Note to self => Just shut up and make money.. you would be fine.