Beta testers wanted

Beta Testers Wanted for a Non-Commercial Data Editing Software Program:

Our small trading team has created a small Windows based Data Editing
program for managing our back-adjusted commodity contracts.  We use these
contracts in our own commodity systems for trading.  We created this
software because we hadn’t found a software package that would provide us
with the flexibility and processes we needed.

Our software is intended for building and updating long-term back-adjusted
contracts, but it will also build non-adjusted continuation files for those
doing chart analysis.

For data editing, there is a screen for editing, adding or deleting data,
and a file joining screen for joining individual market contracts together.
There is also a Roster section that makes grouping files into a list to
simplify and speed the daily updating of data.

Almost exclusively, we update our back-adjusted contracts by hand each day
even though we have many data vendor subscriptions.  We find manual editing
gives us the best daily feel for what is happening with the data and the
markets and it prevents data random errors from getting to the signals.

To select Beta Testers, who will also receive a non-expiring version of the
software when we finish testing, we will seek out traders who:
*  Primarily trade the commodity markets with back-adjusted contracts
*  Use ASCII formatted contracts in their trading.
·	Have files with these fields and in this order:
o	DATE, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE, Volume, Open-Interest
*  A COMMA separates all File-Fields in their data files
*  Use a manual edit or file joining process now
*  Are willing to use the program each day of our beta testing period
*  Are willing to communicate what problems are experienced as they are
found

This is a commercial quality program, but we will not sell it.  However, we
will share it with the few people we select to help us beta test the
software.

If you feel this fits what you are doing and are interested in a neat piece
of software for helping you build your long-term contracts, please send
along a brief outline of how you update your data now, and what data sources
you are currently using.

We are going to limit the Beta Testing to about 6 to 10 people, but might
expand it if the interest is broad and we are persuaded by the response.

Send mail to: lwinbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Larry Winbauer