Re: Risk

Well, Gallacher's point is that in the long run, you'll be taking _many more_ losses by placing stops this way (adding up to the same amount as if you had placed stops "correctly"). For instance, in your example, what if the market retraces $1500 from your entry 3 times and then goes on to a huge gain? You've lost just as much (more actually). In the grand scheme of things, the initial trade was actually a winner that didn't have enough room to breathe. As I mentioned this concept seems borne out in my own testing.

-David