From: Jimmy [mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 10:39 AM
To: Leslie_George; Omega-List
Subject: Re[2]: Hard Drive failure somewhat off topic

It is a simple program that really works well.  I turn off everything
I can turn off kick it in and it makes a perfect copy of my drive.
Using it with Serial and IDE I can control which drive boots up in the
BIOS.  With two serial drives I shut down pop the side cover unplug
the serial I don't want and crank it up.  I've used it several times
to switch drives or upgrade to a larger drive and it just simply works
great.  Nothing fancy but works.  I guess I could use DOS but then I
have to go find a DOS disk and enter commands.  It works fine with XP
Pro SP2.  It is either free or really close to it.

Jimmy

Monday, September 27, 2004, 9:33:14 AM, you wrote:

L> I have been using DuoCor's System Guardian/XC2000, but it hasn't been
L> updated for a long time.
L> Besides it doesn't work XP SP2.

L> Is Casper a viable alternative?
L> Jimmy, are you satisfied with it?
L> I take it from your message that you can mix & match serial and IDE
drives?

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy                            mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx