Re: OT: Napa/Sonoma & the fires

>I am not a moderator here.

And there isn't really a 'moderator' as far as I know, he's more
of a list operator.  The posting of messages to the list is
automatic.  The list operator can choose to ban some individuals for
being disruptive, but he doesn't exercise approval authority over
individual posts, as far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong).

>In my opinion, if something like this bothers you enough that
>you feel compelled to make an issue of it, this may not be the
>forum for you. I have seen that the list members are all pretty
>easygoing and friendly people who probably wouldn't think of
>making a complaint such as the one you make. I can't imagine
>that too many people mind that Colin asked the question that he
>did. Perhaps I am totally wrong about this - if so, I am about to
>find out.

Me, I like to know if someone on the list is visiting my area.
Generally, if I'm aware of where another fellow participant of a
discussion forum lives, I'll usually contact him/her to set up a
meeting for lunch or something.  I actually appreciated Colin's
message.  There's no way he could have known who lives near where
he's visiting in California.

>This list is kind of like a community. 95% of posts are about
>TS.

And as a community, there's nothing wrong with a post now and then
having social relevance rather than investing relevance.

My opinion, of course.

-Alex