Re: Using other than IB data - Metaserver - TS2ki

Andrew,

DTN satellite is a great feed if you want tons of symbols.  It will
not be a stable as a internet feed.  You will also need help at some
point with data problems.  I haven't used them since Aug 03 but there
will be tons of bad ticks on stocks.  They are easy to fix but if you
pull up a stock you haven't looked at before it will have many ticks
to fix.  Fix as in a $20 stock will show a price of $90 or zero.
Esignal is good for internet.  They have good data and it is very
compatible with TS2ki.  Should be as TS2ki was really built for
internet feed not satellite.  Esignal also has a plug in that you can
download fill in data.  You can get about 90 days of ticks, minute and
I think more for daily data but I forget how much daily.  DTN's IQ
feed is internet based and with Dynastore light or Hyperserver it
works well but I have not used either of them.  I figured I would use
Esignal until they screwed up and then switch but so far I have no
complaints.

That's all I know.  I'm sure others will have more info.  Oh Esignal
is more expensive than DTN IQ feed but not too bad.

That just makes me have to say that the most successful traders I know
are the biggest tightwads about feed expense.  I really don't
understand it.  A guy makes thousands and wont pay hundreds for data.
Then again what can I say I do the same thing.  Can anyone explain
that.  I at least know not to use IB.

Jimmy

--
Best regards,