RE: TS4 Running on P4vs P3

> Could anyone offer any experiences on running AMD chips on TS2000i? I
> thought AMD chips are the fastest chips out there at the moment?

I have an older AMD chip, XP1800+, running Win2000.  It works fine,
but I'm not convinced the AMD chips are all that much faster than
the Intel chips.

I AM sure, however, that they run a helluva lot hotter.  Intel chips
seem to be fairly easy to cool, but AMDs seem to throw off a whole
lot of heat.  Fancy heatsinks and loud fans seem required.  I
managed to fry an XP1700+ when I didn't seat the new heatsink just
right.  My understanding is that an AMD in this situation will fry
in a second or so (fast enough that it's toast before you realize
anything is wrong) but Intels (at least the Intels I was looking at
2 years ago) aren't nearly so delicate.

Is that still the case?  Or do current-generation P4's throw off as
much heat as the equivalent AMDs?

Gary