Re: Trading software on internet sharing box. DCHP won't work?

I'll take a shot at it.  First off was the problem XP machine working
properly at one time and now for some reason it's not.  If the problem XP
machine can file share across your local network using assigned IP
addresses, you have eliminated the machine's network setup as the problem.
For some reason the switch is not letting you out.

Can you access the DLink Configuration page from you browser using the
address 192.168.0.1  (or whatever it uses)?  This would show that you can at
least talk to the switch.

First thing I would check is your Default gateway settings.  On XPpro (not
familiar with Home) go to Control Panel/Network Connections/Local Area
Connection/Properties/General Tab/Double click Internet Protocol (TCPIP).
I'm using a DLink router and the Default gateway is properly set to
192.168.0.1.  I also use the same IP for Preferred DNS server.

hope that helps some,
sam