Re: Dynastore and Data Feeds - need advice

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 13:26, cash@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I want to use an internet data feed for this and it appears that
> Dynastore is my best choice.  The feeds that I am considering are:
> DTN IQFeed
> Quote.com
> eSignal

You do not need Dynastore to use eSignal with TS2000i.

eSignal will drive TS2000i directly; eSignal also provides a free
downloader which directly attaches to Globalserver.  The 500 symbol
limit is for their basic level, you can up that to 1000.

DTN IQFeed has a higher symbol limit, I've not experienced it yet.

Quote.com used to have no limits but IMO could not be relied upon for
serious intraday trading. That may have changed but somehow I doubt it.
No doubt many are using it still, but performance complaints from
Quote.com users persist to this day while you will rarely hear about
performance issues from eSignal users. It may be entirely useable for
end of day data collection.

You aren't going to find a ton of tick level data from any of the
vendors. If you want more than 30 days or a particular vendor's maximim,
collecting it yourself or buying it seems to be the option of choice but
no doubt someone that uses tons of tick data will jump in and give
further guidance.

--
Michael Watkins
TrendVue.com