Re: Deleting symbols from GS based on some criteria?

ok.. I have an idea - would complete this in the weekend, as I would need
the GS in offline mode - should be fairly quick. Sharing this with the list
in the hope that this might be useful for someone needing to bulk edit GS
for whatever reason.

I have 7000 stocks in GS. Want to delete about 5000 stock from GS itself
that doesn't appear in a list of stocks, keeping about 2000.

First, scan in Radarscreen with an indicator, that prints 1(keeper) or
0(goner). Got about 2000 that I want to keep, sorting on the indicator
result. Copy the list of stocks I want to keep, paste it to a text file
(keep.txt). It looks like

AA
AACE

then use excel & a text editor to add some bogus date, o, h, l, c, vol to
these (same value to all). File looks like

A,20040526,1,1.1,0.9,1.01,111000
AA,20040526,1,1.1,0.9,1.01,111000
AACE,20040526,1,1.1,0.9,1.01,111000

Feed this file through HyperTools, and make a .xpo (keep.xpo), containing a
list of 2000 stocks with one day worth of bogus data.

Export everything from GS to .xpo, backup omega folder for good measure and
clean out GS portfolio of all stocks. Import keep.xpo. This puts all 2000
"good stocks" in GS portfolio automatically, with one day worth of bogus
data. Then import data that I backed up from the GS in the last step, but
choose "Symbols matching those in portfolio".

Done. Now I have only the stocks I wanted in GS, everything else is nicely
backed up, and ofcourse the one day worth of bogus data is overwritten by
good data (At least in a small test I did, data from imported xpo file
overwrote the overlapping data in GS).

Thanks,

Abhijit