CD Burner Problems Follow Up

Microsoft's Media Player has as part of its package a version of Roxio CD
burner software. It's becoming widely known on various boards that this
software has a bug that corrupts the Registry so that either
newly-installed devices (like burners) are not recognized. Also,
previously-burned CDs using other burners or software may no longer be
recognized by one's current burner and Roxio.

A Google search on 'Roxio and CD problems' turned up several similar
approaches to correcting Registry keys (don't do this unless you're
experienced and confident within the Registry -- I had someone else do it).
Other variations on the Search turned up similar solutions. Bottom line:
everything worked fine afterwards!

Also, re previous discussions on disk cloning software (Ghost et al): I
tried downloading Casper XP (http://www.fssdev.com/products/casperxp/) It
was ridiculously easy and worked perfectly, even while I was performing
tasks within another program. I gave up on Ghost after a hair-raising
experience when I wasn't sure which was the source or target disk. Casper
has so many great features, too. I did my clone on a 30-day trial free
copy, did a hot-swap with my drawered drives and booted up with no
problems. I'm purchasing it immediately.

So, after several days of agonizing over hardware issues I'm relieved I can
friend, Brendan Boerner, who assisted me in doing my Registry surgery.

Again, thanx to everyone else for pointing me in the right direction. And
thanx to everyone else who responded with other great suggestions, too.

Michael

---