From: "Robin Cotten" <rcotten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omega List (E-mail)" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 7:46 AM
Subject: excellent advise Adrian...

> I like the simple things because they usually make you money and I agree
with what you said,
> ..."and start reading books about people...about
> crowd behavior...human psychology. and then start plotting the markets
> by hand for a year...Begin to understand what makes a market
> move"....
>
> That's what it's all about. I can remember when Bunker Hunt was stopping
silver and got into trouble as the mkt crashed and burned. The rumor was
that he was also long cotton and feeder cattle. One day feeder cattle
collapsed and the cotton traders starting selling cotton futures with both
hands and feet and gold chains a swinging. It was insane to think that
feeder cattle should, could, or would influence cotton prices. But guess
what? It not only did influence prices but did so for almost a week. The
lesson that I learned from that: cotton is a "mood" market and to better
trade it, you should try to capture the "mood" as well as the trend and the
fundamentals.