Re: Training Recommendation in Trading Psychology

Everybody's entitled to (at least) one opinion.

My observations are that people often don't do "the right thing" even when
it's packaged up, spelled out, laid out, and handed to them on a silver
platter.

Human nature is a very weird thing. Why do some people insist on making a
loser out of a winning strategy? Why do people second guess a trade signal?

Maybe it's the need to be right. Maybe it's the need to tinker. Maybe it's
the need to invent something unique. Maybe it's the need for recognition.
Maybe it's not facing responsibility. Who knows. IMO there's a place for
practical psychology when it can really help achieve results. I believe Van
Tharp's programs fit this category.

Also, I believe there's no need to "throw the baby out with the bath
water". Van Tharp may have made poor judgement with Mobley, or have been
led astray, or any number of other possibilities. In the end, we're each
responsible for our own decisions. It's just more convenient to find
someone else to blame.

Cheers,

Kevin

From: DH <catapult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Training Recommendation in Trading Psychology

> Just remember trading psy ISN'T ENOUGH ON ITS OWN
> Van Tharp praised and invested most of his money with Mobley

Thanks for that MT.

I'll take it a step further: trading psychology is a total crock. If you
really have a winning method, pulling the trigger is a no brainer; a 6
year old can do it. Just take the trades your system tells you to take
and watch the account grow. If you don't have a winning method, you are
a plum waiting to be plucked by the snake oil salesmen who promise to
adjust your psychology/karma/feng_shui/astrology to turn those losses
around. Buying the book didn't do it? No problem, you obviously need
private consultation at $1000/hour to deal with your particular
disorder. Pffft.... it's all a scam to part you from your hard earned
money. The only psychology used is that to get you to let go of your
cash to buy their worthless wares.

--
  Dennis