Re: Laptop w/ external monitor

On desktop, right click and select properties.  Select settings.  Select
advanced.  Select TwinView.  Next select the TwinView mode U wish -- clone,
horizontal span, vertical span.

 At 03:00 AM 12/19/2003, Sigstroker@xxxxxxx wrote:

Are you talking about a multi-monitor setup to expand your screen real
estate? Or just want to replace the laptop screen with the monitor? I
don't have a
Dell, but if it's the latter, on my laptop I used Display Properties. Right
click on an empty part of the screen. It's the same dialog that changes the
resolution.

In a message dated 12/16/03 6:41:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mguess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Guys,
>
>  Sorry for the off-topic post, but I recall seeing earlier posts on how
some
>  of you used an external monitor with their laptop. I couldn't find that
>  info in Purebytes, so I'm asking here. I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1100
>  and want to connect my old 17" NEC 5FGp monitor to it. After connecting
the
>  cable, turning on the monitor, then turning on the laptop I never got the
>  Hardware Wizard. So, I tried doing it manually, but could find nothing on
>  external monitors. Ditto re info in the Manual or FAQ's. The laptop's
>  running under XP Pro.
>
>  This is such a common combination I would think, but I'm having no luck.
>  Can anyone guide me as to how to get my laptop to recognize this monitor?
>  The F2 setup doesn't show it either. Any additional tips on usage after
I'm