IB conditional orders (DDE)

This is peripherally related to TradeStation in that it's something
I can't do in TradeStation:

Has anyone ever successfully created a "conditional order" on that
DDE sample spreadsheet that Interactive Brokers distributes as part
its API?  I looked at it, and it's all fouled up, referring to cells
on another worksheet, and reading cells from the wrong columns.
Even after fixing those, there is no reaction to the TRUE/FALSE
condition that would trigger the transmission of the order.  The
order simply transmits anyway based on what you set in the "orders"
worksheet (not the "conditional orders" worksheet).  Fortunately I
had insufficient margin in my account so it got rejected.

IB's feedback support web form is broken (there's no message box) so
I can't ask them unless I knew the actual support email address.

I'm developing a trading strategy that cannot be implemented in
TradeStation, because it requires bid and ask quotes from both
equities and futures to make decisions, and places orders as
simultaneous executions on two different markets.  Amazingly, it's
rather easy to implement in Excel using IB's DDE.  Problem is, it
needs conditional orders and I can't figure out how to make one that
transmits when a certain cell on my worksheet is TRUE.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com