Re[6]: TL Angle function

Jack,

Yeah, I agree you change the chart it changes the angle.  Useless.
Like you I tried some angle and slope stuff in systems but hell most
of my systems don't work anyway.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

jz> Hi Jimmy:  What I am saying is suppose you plot each bar on the x axis and
jz> space the bars one each inch.  The prices are ploted on the y axis, one inch
jz> apart.  Now determine the slope.  If you now plot the bars two inches apart
jz> and hold the prices to the original one inch, the slope flattens.  Nothing
jz> has changed except the scale- - and the slope.
jz> As an aside- -I used to fart around with slopes and angles in systems, even
jz> though I knew they are unit scale dependant (hard headed.)  I came up with
jz> crap.  It was ugly.
jz> Regards,  Jack.
jz> ----- Original Message -----
jz> From: "Jimmy Snowden" <jhsnowden@xxxxxxx>
jz> To: "jack zaner" <jzaner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
jz> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 2:31 PM
jz> Subject: Re[4]: TL Angle function

>> Hey Jack,
>>
>> How bout BARS.  Not the ones you find me in but the bars on the chart.
>> Each bar is a unit.  Now on a chart you can make them further apart or
>> closer together but if you just use bars in a system you get one
>> single unit per bar.
>>
>> bar1  1050  bar2 1051  bar3 1055
>>
>> So rise over run for bar1 to bar2 is (1051-1050)/1 or a rise of one
>> over a run of one.  For bar1 to bar3 it is (1055-1050)/2.  Rise of 5
>> over run of two.  There is the two dimensions.  Now if you get your
>> handy dandy trig book out you can figure the slope for each.  Well I
>> guess we all use computers now.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Jimmy Snowden
>> mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx
>>

>> Wednesday, December 10, 2003, 4:20:52 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> jz> Hi Jimmy:  My understanding of slope is that it requires a measure
jz> which
>> jz> must include the relationship of x to y axes.  I don't believe that
jz> slope
>> jz> can be determined merely from the ratio of one number to another.
jz> Slope