Re[6]: TL Angle function

Henry,

Oh I didn't say it was usable.  You have to pick your poison on slope.
I've never known really good trader that used slope.   You do have to
pick something like Close or highs or Xaverage or something to compute
the slope on.  Slope is really easy if you are figuring a slope for a
roof.  The thing is flat.  Well most of the time.  Are charts are
never flat.  Slope goes crazy.  A slope on two bars might be 85
degrees up then the next bar is down so the two bar slope could be
negative.  I SAY SLOPE IS PRETTY USELESS IN MARKET WORK.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

HA> Jimmy Snowden wrote:
>> Hey Jack,
>>
>> How bout BARS.  Not the ones you find me in but the bars on the chart.
>> Each bar is a unit.  Now on a chart you can make them further apart or
>> closer together but if you just use bars in a system you get one
>> single unit per bar.
>>
>> bar1  1050  bar2 1051  bar3 1055
>>
>> So rise over run for bar1 to bar2 is (1051-1050)/1 or a rise of one
>> over a run of one.  For bar1 to bar3 it is (1055-1050)/2.  Rise of 5
>> over run of two.  There is the two dimensions.

HA> You are forgetting the high and the low.

HA> Imagine the first bar having a low of 900 and a high of 1300

HA> the second will have high an dlow of 1025  1075

HA> the last 1040  1060

HA> This will give you a chart wich will be very high because of
HA> the first bar. The slope will probably flat because the 1050
HA> 1051 and 1055 are all "in the middle"

HA> Now imagine the first bar having a low of 900 but a high of
HA> 1060. The second bar 1045 - 1065 and the last 1045
HA> 1080

HA> This will most likely influence your slope because this time
HA> the 3 points are still close toghether but in the beginning of
HA> the chart you have a very low point. With only 3 points
HA> the difference will be very small i guess but if you take an
HA> Moving Average of 30 day's it becomes a big difference
HA> what the hight and lows on that chart are. Also, if you have
HA> an extreme 30 day's back, the next day, when that day
HA> drops of and the new day comes, it will change your
HA> chart and also your slope.

HA> Don't know if this is all true mathematicaly but it's the reason
HA> why i also think slope is not usable.

HA> hope you understand now with my effort to explain :-)

HA> greetigns

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton